Fall Symposium Training Conference
The Michigan Student Financial Aid Association (MSFAA) is thrilled to announce our first ever 1.5 Inclusive Office Leadership Symposium this October 27 and October 28, 2019 at the Lansing Crowne Plaza Hotel in Lansing, Michigan. This new professional development opportunity has been designed to give financial aid professionals the opportunity to enhance their inclusive leadership skills while also being able to obtain credentialing certification for three NASFAA Credentialing Sessions.
Highlights of the Inclusive Office Leadership Symposium include:
Three separate NASFAA Credentialing sessions: Verification, Student Eligibility, and Professional Judgment.
Please note: These credentialing sessions will be offered in an accelerated format. Individuals attending are expected to have downloaded session materials and reviewed them prior to attending the credentialing sessions. Sessions offered will focus on crucial areas.
- Pam Fowler, former Executive Director of Financial Aid at the University of Michigan to discuss the Importance of Inclusive Leadership.
- Loyce Brown, Director of Equity and Title IX Coordinator and Elvina Sika, Assistant Director of Financial Aid at Delta College will discuss Collaborating for Student Success.
- Andrew Zerkel, Financial Aid Advisor at Eastern Michigan University will discuss How to Become a Financial Aid Liaison.
- Panel discussion featuring Dr. Mark Jackson, Director of the Academic Pathways to Excellence Program (APEX Scholars) at Wayne State University, Dr. Ethriam Cash Brammer, Assistant Dean for the Rackham Graduate School at the University of Michigan; Dr. Raul A. Leon, Assistant Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs at Eastern Michigan University; Josiah Pankiewicz is the TRiO Student Support Services Program Assistant at Eastern Michigan University (EMU); will be discussing Equity and Inclusion: Reflection from Diversity Leaders.
- Dr. Filipe Lopez Susaita, Executive Director, Hispanic Latino Commission of Michigan will be discussing ways to Remove Barriers for our Hispanic Latino Students.
In addition to the exciting information being shared, we will also be having a Beer and Wine Tasting event
along with a costume contest the evening of Sunday, October 27, 2019.
All attendees are welcome to participate.
If this sounds like an excellent opportunity to learn and grow your knowledge base, please feel free to join us at the Lansing Crowne Plaza Hotel October 27th
In order to receive the group rate, individuals must identify themselves as a member of MSFAA. Reservations can be made directly with the hotel by calling (877) 322-5544. Reservations may also be made online with a group access code (FAA)
- All rooms are $134
- Reservations need to be made by October 11, 2019 to receive rate.
Please visit www.crowneplaza.com/lansingwest and fill in the check-in/check out dates and your group code (FAA) Hotel cancellation policy applies to the group rate reservations.